Monday 29 June 2009

Wear The Mask???

I honestly thought this was a joke when I first heard it. Download, print and WEAR a mask at a show and elsewhere for Aung Sang Suu Kyi and Burma! Now don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect and admiration for this lady and am saddened by what has happened in Burma. But what will wearing a paper mask do to change things? I'm sure it'll create a great impression in the pub..... Do you deface her image and cut out her eyes so you can see where you are going on your way to work or college? Scary. And they'd probably think you were going to rob the place if you wore it whilst shopping!

I don't know whose idea this was but it must be one of the silliest ideas the U2 camp has come up with. It's a shame as there are lots of other more appropriate ways to show that Aung Sang Suu Kyi and Burma have not been forgotten.

Below find the idiots guide to making a mask from U2.com



Print it off.

Cut it out.

Attach some elastic or string to the sides.

Try it on for size.(If you're really clever print it on card or laminate it)

Or tape on a little handle to hold it in front of your face.

Wear it to work or college. Wear it on the bus or the train.

Wear it in the pub or at the shops.

And don't forget.

Bring it to a U2 show.

Put it on with thousands of others when the band strike up the opening bars of Walk On.

Wear it to to show the world that you have not forgotten. 'Please use your liberty to promote ours,' says Aung San Suu Kyi. Use your liberty to promote hers. And the liberty of the people of Burma.

WEAR THE MASK.

2 comments:

  1. "idiot guide" is right! This is totally ridiculous. I will NOT be wearing the mask and for me it will spoil "Walk On". I am all for support and empathy where relevant but this will put a comical slant on what to me has always been a poignant song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most fans seem to be finding it ridiculous so I don't think there will be much mask wearing. I just think it is so so stupid.

    ReplyDelete