Tuesday 17 March 2009

Got My First U2 360 Tickets!

Well today was the first day of the U2.com presale for shows we wanted to go to and, as I'm a lady of leisure nowadays, I volunteered to be the ticket buyer for my U2 friends who will also be going to the shows. Between us we have four presales, two Horizon and two Breathe which is pretty good.

After the chaos at the presales on U2.com for the last tour I was worried that would happen again. Just before 10am I went into U2.com and first clicked on the Dublin show on 24th July, got straight through to Ticketmaster. Put in that I wanted, four seats, prices were clearly shown , plus a stadium seating plan so I could quickly see where the seats were that the site offered me, lower tier right beside the stage. Excellent! Within minutes they were in the bag.

Next was Wembley and it was the same, very easy, no waiting, no freezing, no crashes. This is how it should be for fan club presales, at last they have got it right!

Now tomorrow it's Glasgow and Nice with the Breathe presales.....

9 comments:

  1. WOOHOO! I am so excited! Great job, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omigod very very very very fuckin' exciting. sorry for the language, but really it, is isn't it????????????? so happy for you all. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool, so i am curious about the pre sale. you guys could select best available, price pt. etc and then it showed you the section it was offering you before you paid? i assume you were happy with what it offered, but if not, you could have rejected it and tried again? i am going to go for GA mostly, but in boston am buying seats and want to make sure i get the ones near the stage and not across the field far away which are the same price, i think.

    anyway ... good for you, congrats. three cheers for the lady of leisure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll jump in here Cara and say, yes, it seems that you can select. Not that I have had to do anything, since Sue did it all. :) But she told us about all the choices for Nice and that she selected the ones she thought were best. It all seems SOOOO easy this time on the pre-sale. No codes rejecting. The only problems we potentially have are spontaneously combusting credit cards!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey whose blog is this!!!??

    When I got the Wembley and Dublin seats yesterday they gave you the block, row and seat numbers. There were stadium plans that showed all the blocks there on the same page so you knew exactly where your seats were. On both these occasions we got excellent seats (we were treating ourselves to the best for these two!) lower tier right by the stage. I didn't re-try because the seats were so good, but I heard some people did try again and had no problems.

    Nice today was different (and in French yikes!)only very expensive seats, expensive standing and unreserved cheap seats, went for the latter. That stadium plan was not as detailed, but I think in the US it'll be very clear what you are getting, as it was here.

    God it's getting so exciting now that we actually have tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool. thanx for the info (both of you!) -

    ReplyDelete
  7. are general admission tickets actual seats, or standing only?

    ReplyDelete
  8. General admission are usually standing only, but in some UK venues in the past you could also sit in unreserved seats with a GA. I don't know if that will apply on this tour though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In past years, GA tickets didn't say anything but General Admission on them, however, the GA tickets I just bought for my September 12th Chicago show actually had a Row and Seat Number attached. I was wondering if they changed it up this time.

    ReplyDelete